6 Best WordPress Donation and Fundraising Plugins (Compared)
Last updated on
Do you want to use the best WordPress donation plugin on your site? Since there are tons of donation form plugins on the market, choosing the right one for your website can be challenging.
In this article, we’ll show you the best WordPress donation and fundraising plugins on the market and also explains how to find the right one for your site.
Choosing the Best Donation Plugin
Not every WordPress donation plugin is created equal. Some plugins are built specifically for fundraising, while others are multipurpose form plugin that also supports collecting donations online.
To pick the right plugin, it’s important to know what your needs are.
Ask yourself – do you need an all-in-one form plugin or a plugin that’s built specifically for fundraising?
For example, if you need both a premium contact form plugin as well as a fundraising plugin, but only have the budget to buy one, then buying an all-in-one plugin may be the right choice.
Another thing to consider is the payment gateway. Make sure you choose a plugin that supports the payment gateway you need and support in your country.
With all these factors in mind, let’s dive in and take a look at the list of the best WordPress donation and fundraising plugins.
WP Simple Pay is a complete Stripe payment plugin that lets you easily accept online donations and other payments via Stripe. It comes bundled with several pre-built donation and fundraising form templates, so you don’t always have to build your payment form from scratch.
With WP Simple Pay, you can accept one-time or recurring donation payments with ease. As a Stripe plugin, it supports several Stripe features, including
- Multiple payment methods: Supports credit card / debit card, ACH Direct Debit, SEPA Direct Debit, and more.
- Collect custom data: Add any form fields to your payment forms to collect and store custom data in your Stripe dashboard.
- Secure payment processing: Use Stripe’s PCI-compliant servers for payment processing and storage.
On top of that, WP Simple Pay offers even more features that Stripe doesn’t offer out of the box, such as removing credit card processing fees by letting the donors pay the fee.
Pricing: Starts at $49.50 per year
Charitable is one of the best WordPress donation and fundraising plugins. Right out of the box, Charitable lets you accept payments via PayPal. However, you can integrate the plugin with other payment gateways like Stripe, Authorize.net, Braintree, and more.
A few more benefits of Charitable:
- Allow your donors to make recurring donations
- Raise more money for your non-profit with peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns
- Automatically add donors to your email list by integrating the donation form with your favorite email marketing software
One of the biggest benefits of using Charitable is that it lets you offset the recurring fee by passing it to donors. Just like WP Simple Pay, the premium version of Charitable doesn’t charge any additional transaction fees.
Pricing: Starts at $99 per year
WPForms is the best WordPress form plugin that lets you accept donations via PayPal, Stripe, Square, and Authorize.net. WPForms lets you automatically add donors to your email list, thanks to its collection of email marketing addons. What makes WPForms unique is its beginner-friendly user interface. You can easily create a form with its drag-and-drop form builder, even if you’re absolutely new to WordPress.
Here are a few more features of WPForms:
- It’s a complete WordPress form plugin. You can build any sort of forms, including contact forms, payment forms, login form, user registration form, and more.
- Its pre-built form templates give you a head start, so you don’t always have to create a form from scratch.
- WPForms supports several advanced features like smart conditional logic, multi-page forms, file uploads, and more.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one form plugin, then WPForms is your best bet.
Pricing: Starts at $49.50 per year
GiveWP is yet another WordPress donation form plugin that comes with several fundraising features. Just like Charitable, GiveWP supports multiple payment gateways, including Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, and more. It also lets you keep track of your donors directly on your WordPress website.
A few more notable features of GiveWP are:
- Collect one-time or recurring donation
- Easily create peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns
- The capability of asking your donors for a little extra to cover the payment processing fees
- Integrate your fundraising campaign with Google Analytics to collect even more details of online donations
Unlike most other donation form plugins, GiveWP provides seamless integrations with most page builders, like Divi, Elementor, Gutenberg editor, and more.
Get started with GiveWP!
Pricing: Starts at 149 per year
5. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms is one of the most advanced WordPress form builders that also allows you to accept online donations. Aside from donation forms, Formidable Forms lets you create registration forms, contact forms, calculator forms, and more.
Here are a few things that make Formidable Forms the most powerful form plugin.
- Use Formidable views to build custom web applications with WordPress
- It seamlessly integrates with your favorite marketing apps, such as Google Sheets, Zapier, and more
- Supports Twilio SMS to send and receive SMS with a form
Get started with Formidable Forms!
Pricing: Starts at $39.5
Seamless Donations is a simple donation plugin that lets you accept donations via your Stripe or PayPal account. Unlike most donation plugins, Seamless Donations is free of cost and does not charge you a commission or percentage fee, even with their free version. It also supports recurring donations like most other donation plugins.
Some of the best features of Seamless Donations are:
- Allowing users to designate a specific fund from the given list for their donation
- Email donors with a customized thank you message
- Enable CAPTCHA on your site to prevent card testing and fraudulent payments.
Pricing: Free. Paid extensions are also available
Verdict: Best Donation and Fundraising Plugins
Now that you know the features and price of each plugin, it’s worth taking a moment to examine which one is the best choice for your needs.
Below is our verdict on choosing the best donation and fundraising plugin for your non-profit site.
Use WP Simple Pay to Get the Most Out of Stripe
If you’re looking for the best payment plugin that also enables you to accept donations, then WP Simple Pay is the best bet. WP Simple Pay is indeed the best Stripe plugin for WordPress. It lets you use most premium Stripe features right within WordPress that most other payment plugins don’t offer.
Use Charitable for a Full-fledged Donation Plugin
Use Charitable if you want a full-featured donation plugin that makes fundraising a breeze. It comes with several dedicated donation features that other payment plugins don’t offer.
Use WPForms for an All-in-one Form Plugin
If you’d rather use an all-in-one WordPress form plugin that also supports collecting donations, then choose WPForms. WPForms allows you to create any type of form, including contact forms, donation forms, registration forms, and more. It also supports multiple payment gateways, including Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, and more.
We hope this article helped you learn the best donation plugins available for WordPress.
If you liked this article, you might also want to check out how to create a donation form on your site.
What are you waiting for? Get started with WP Simple Pay today!