Looking for the best WordPress plugins for accepting Stripe payments? Stripe is the best payment gateway that enables you to accept credit card payments on your site.
Since there are too many Stripe plugins available on WordPress.org, choosing the best one can be intimidating. In this article, we’ll show you how to choose the best Stripe payment plugin based on your budget and needs.
Choosing the Best Stripe Payment Plugin
Not every Stripe payment plugin for WordPress is created equal. When choosing the right one for you, you’ll need to consider your exact needs and your budget for the plugin.
Here are a few factors to figure out the right Stripe plugin for your WordPress site:
- Pricing: While many free Stripe plugins are available, not every plugin offers the right feature set you’ll need. It’s also important to understand how much you could afford a premium Stripe plugin for your site
- Needs: Some plugins are built to accept payments for services or donations. Others are built for selling digital downloads. Figure out what your exact needs are in order to understand the best one for you.
- Features: Do you need an advanced Stripe plugin or need a plugin that supports different payment gateways? Write your feature requirements before getting the one for your site.
Now you have a clear understanding of the feature requirements you need and the budget you can afford for the right plugin. It’s time to navigate through different payment plugins listed below to find the best option.
WP Simple Pay is hands down the best WordPress Stripe plugin. It lets you accept one-time or recurring payments on your site without setting up a shopping cart.
WP Simple Pay uses Stripe’s PCI-compliant servers to process all payments, which keeps transactions on your site secure.
After activating the plugin, you can easily create a Stripe payment form with its easy-to-use drag and drop form builder. To make it easier to set up a form, WP Simple pay comes with pre-built payment form templates, so you don’t always have to create a Stripe payment form from scratch.
Here are a few more features of WP Simple Pay:
- Supports non-credit card payments: Accept payments via digital wallets like Apple Pay/Google Pay. Also supports ACH debit, Buy Now Pay Later payments, iDEAL and more…
- Customizable checkout pages: Easily choose from Stripe hosted checkout, embedded or overlay checkout.
- Coupon codes: Encourage payments on your site by offering coupon codes by which your customers can redeem a discount.
- User entered amounts: Allow your users to pay what they want by entering a custom amount or choose from a list of given amounts.
Is WP Simple Pay the right choice for you?
WP Simple Pay is your best bet if you want to accept payments for services, single products or donations. Plus, it lets you use advanced Stripe payment features that you wouldn’t find on other Stripe plugins for WordPress.
A free version is available to download from WordPress.org. For the best features, you can buy a pro version, starting from $49.50.
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) lets you accept payments via Stripe on your WordPress site for selling digital goods, like ebooks, software, and more. In fact, EDD comes bundled with all the features you’ll ever need to sell digital downloads, including a full-fledged shopping cart, and the ability to restrict file downloads by time and/or attempt.
The best thing about EDD is that in addition to Stripe, it allows you to accept payments via PayPal, Apple/Pay and Google Pay, Authorize.net, and many more.
It also lets you integrate your site with your favorite services like Dropbox, email marketing services like Mailchimp, Amazon S3 and so on.
Let’s take a look at a few more features of Easy Digital Downloads:
- Subscription: Accept recurring payments for selling digital downloads
- Multi-currency: Support multiple currencies and exchange rates so that you can grow your international sales
- License keys: Sell license keys for your software and digital products
- Reporting: Gain actionable insights into your business thanks to its detailed reporting
- Management: Do advanced order and customer management within WordPress
Is Easy Digital Downloads the right choice for you?
Easy Digital Downloads is the best choice if you want to accept payments via different payment gateways, including Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, and more for selling digital downloads. In a nutshell, Easy Digital Downloads lets you transform your existing site into a fully-fledged eCommerce store for selling digital goods like ebooks and software.
The free version can be downloaded from the WordPress repository. For integrations and other necessary features, you’ll need to buy its premium version, starting at $99.50.
WPForms is one of the most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugins that also lets you create a Stripe payment form. WPForms comes with a Stripe addon, which you’ll need to enable to create a payment form.
Aside from payment forms, WPForms lets you create a survey form, newsletter form, registration form, and more.
What makes WPForms stand out from the rest of WordPress forms plugins is that its ease of use. It lets you build an ANY type of online forms and embed them on your site in less than 5 minutes, thanks its drag and drop form builder. Plus, it also comes with around 400 pre-build form templates so you never have to start a form from scratch.
- Multiple payment gateways: Aside from Stripe, WPForms also offers PayPal, Square and, Authorize.net addons
- Integrations: It makes integrating with your favorite marketing tools easy, including your favorite email marketing tools like Mailchimp, integration tools like Zapier, and more.
- Google Forms and Typeforms: Easily create a form like Google Forms (that is, a custom landing page form) or Typeforms (means interactive forms)
- More features: It allows you to lock your form, capture partial entries, and see the posts and pages users visit before they submit the form.
Is WPForms the right choice for your needs?
If you need a premium contact form plugin that also lets you create a basic Stripe payment form, you might want to get the premium version of WPForms.
Please note that the Stripe payment feature is only available with the Pro plan of WPForms, which costs $199.50. However, you can use advanced Stripe payment features like a customizable checkout page for just $49.50 with WP Simple Pay.
While WPForms has a free plugin on WordPress.org, the Stripe payment feature is only available with its Pro plan for $199.50
MemberPress is an all-in-one suite to create a membership site that also lets you accept Stripe payments with WordPress.
You’ll need MemberPress if you want to create a membership site that supports payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.net. It also lets you integrate with email marketing services, Zapier, and so on.
MemberPress also provides paywall, content dripping, customizable checkout, subscription billing, and more.
Some of the cool features of MemberPress are:
- Coupons: Offer coupon codes so your members can claim discounted offers.
- Pricing page: It comes bundled with default themes to create pricing pages.
- Affiliate plugin: Easily add an affiliate program on your site to promote memberships
- Online courses: Its LMS platform makes creating and selling online courses easy.
Is MemberPress the Right Plugin for You?
If you need a complete membership platform that accepts online payments with Stripe and other gateways, you’ll need MemberPress.
MemberPress is a premium plugin that doesn’t offer a free plugin. Its pricing starts at $99.50.
WooCommerce is the best shopping cart plugin that lets you sell physical products on your site and accept payments via Stripe and 300 other payment gateways. It comes with everything you’ll need to start selling online including configurable shopping options, secure payments, and more, for FREE!
WooCommerce is fully customizable and is compatible with most WordPress plugins and themes. And the best part is that you can find dozens of free and premium third-party extensions that enhance WooCommerce’s built-in features.
Just as any shopping cart plugin, WooCommerce lets you seamlessly integrate with your favorite email marketing tools and more.
- Shipping: Wondering what makes WooCommerce different from Easy Digital Downloads, which was listed above in this article? Easy Digital Downloads is built for selling digital products (like software or ebook) whereas WooCommerce is for physical goods where shipping is involved.
- Build exactly as you wanted: WooCommerce makes it possible to create a store exactly as you wanted thanks to its wide variety of extensions, like product addons and product bundling.
- Highly customizable: Since it’s the world’s most popular eCommerce cart solution, you can easily find a developer to extend its features the way you want.
Is WooCommerce the Right Plugin for You?
WooCommerce is best for you if you want to sell physical goods online and accept payments via Stripe or other payment gateways.
LearnDash is the best learning management system (LMS) for WordPress that accepts payments via Stripe and other payment gateways. It’s used by Fortune 500 companies and major universities to create engaging courses for their students.
Unlike MemberPress, which is a membership plugin, LearnDash is built with online course creators in mind. It’s built to offer students gamified learning experiences, which eventually encourages them to stay longer with your website.
You can provide a gamification learning experience on your site with its reward system, engagement, and trigger rules. For example, you can show course progress, deliver certificates, and award points, and give out badges to encourage learners to stay longer on your site.
Some of the cool features it includes are:
- Quiz: It comes with 8 different quizzing types and graduation levels.
- Pricing models: Supports pricing models like one-time payments, subscriptions, memberships and bundles.
- Payment gateways: 300+ payment gateways are supported including Stripe, PayPal, 2checkout and other gateways with WooCommerce.
Is LearnDash the Right Plugin for You?
You’ll need LearnDash if you want to build a gamified learning experience on your site for your students.
There’s no free version. The premium plan starts at $199 per year.
Which Is the Best WordPress Plugin That Accepts Stripe Payments?
It’s especially helpful to those who want to accept payments for their services, single products, or online donations.
Alternatively, if you want to get a WordPress plugin that lets you accept Stripe payments by selling digital downloads, then you’ll need Easy Digital downloads.
That’s it! We hope you liked this article on the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress.